Jun 4, 2012

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

I was thinking about this book last night, or rather this morning (because it was 1 am and I was trying to sleep), and until the last moment that I was awake, this book was all that I was thinking about. This isn't a book review, but I'm more of just saying why I love this book so much. I just want to emphasize the message of this book. I read this book when I was 12, the second book that I read of Sarah Dessen, but I have to say that this was and still is my absolute favorite book of all time.
“We'd start slow, the way we always did, because the run, and the game, could go on for awhile. Maybe even forever. That was the thing. You just never knew. Forever was so many different things. It was always changing, it was what everything was really all about. It was twenty minutes, or a hundred years, or just this instant, or any instant I wished would last and last. But there was only one truth about forever that really mattered, and that was this: it was happening. Right then, as I ran with Wes into that bright sun, and every moment afterwards. Look, there. Now. Now. Now.”  
It's a perfect book to describe what's going on in every teenager's mind when he or she is trying to discover themselves in a world where they are looked down on and taken for granted.

I think Sarah Dessen really hit it hard when she said that forever is happening right now. And I agree with her; forever is this very moment that we're in. We can't take it back, so we have to make it count.

2 comments: